Get an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) for your property in Ham, Richmond, or Twickenham. Sometimes referred to as a commercial condition report, fixed wire test, domestic condition report, or periodic electrical inspection, this test will ensure that your electrical installation is safe and meets British Standard BS 7671.
An EICR certificate is issued after an assessment of an electrical installation. This test will examine all the fixed parts of your installation, including all wiring and fixtures, as well as your consumer unit. It will then highlight any electrical defects, dangerous conditions, or deterioration.
The test will look at:
- The adequacy of bonding and earthing
- The condition and any deterioration to sockets, light fittings, and switches
- The condition and functionality of the control and switch gear
- Residual Current Devices (RCDs) testing and evaluation
- The presence of the correct identification and notices
- Any potential electric shock or fire hazard caused by substandard work
The things that need to be rectified will be coded according to danger level, using the codes: C1, C2, and C3.
C1 means there is danger present and immediate remedial action is needed. C2 also means part of the system is potentially dangerous, so urgent remedial action is required. C3 means that improvement is recommended. Codes C1 and C2 mean the report is unsatisfactory.